I don't know if I have mentioned that I love pasta. Well, I do! Jeff doesn't hate it but he doesn't want to be over indulged in it so I try not to make it too often. But when I do make something with pasta, I just can't get enough of it.
Also, we all LOVE BLT's, especially at this time of year when we use the fresh tomatoes from the garden. Doesn't get better than that.
I made this salad for a family reunion this summer and absolutely loved it! It blends my two favorite things into one and the flavors were amazing!
1 8 oz. bag medium sized pasta
1 bottle Hidden Valley Ranch Original Salad Dressing
1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
1 cup cubed Swiss cheese
1/2 cup chopped red onions
1 lb. bacon, chopped and cooked crisply
2 cups finely chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce
salt & pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente in plenty of salted water. Drain pasta, toss with dressing to lightly coat so they don't stick together and refrigerate until cold. In a large bowl, toss the cold pasta with the tomatoes, Swiss, onions, bacon and lettuce. Add enough dressing to generously coat everything and season to taste with salt and pepper.
No comments :
Post a Comment