The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Several years ago I went to a Pampered Chef party and this was one of the recipes that the host served us.  It has since been one of our favorites.  It's another simple and quick casserole to assemble.


1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
1 4 oz. can chopped chilies (I do not use these)
onion to taste
2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
2 cups cooked chicken
8 tortillas

In 2 quart batter bowl, combine soups, sour cream, milk and chilies.  Chop onion and add to soup mixture and stir.  Add 1 cup cheddar cheese.  Heat in microwave about 2 minutes or until hot.  Chop chicken and add to soup mixture.  Cut tortillas in strips.  In 9x13" pan, layer tortillas and soup mixture and top with remaining cheese.  Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.

Vicki's Notes:  Have I mentioned to you that my family LOVES cheese?  Well, we do!!  So, in this recipe, I use a total of 4 cups of cheese instead of 2 cups.  Add 2 cups of cheese to the soup mixture and then put 2 cups on top.  Then it is just right for my cheese loving family!

No comments :

Post a Comment