The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

BASKETBALL

For the past couple of months, we have enjoyed watching Kate & Josh play basketball.  Both of their seasons ended this past week.  I LOVE watching my kids play and will miss going to their games.  I will have to wait until next year, I guess.




This was Kate's 1st year playing basketball and we saw much improvement throughout the year.  She got more confident and began understanding the game more and more.  We enjoyed watching her play and the improvements she made at each game.  At this point, she says she wants to go out again next year.  Her last game was on Monday night with a pizza party afterwards with her coach and the players.  She had a lot of fun!



This was Josh's 3rd year playing basketball.  He was a starter all 3 years and for the most part he enjoyed it.  He also loves to trap which starts the 1st part of November and ends the end of January and this is the exact time that basketball is going on.  So, a part of him wants to be on the court and part of him wants to be home trapping.  I think deep down, he really enjoys it and  I'll be a little bias here but he did a great job and we sure enjoyed watching him play.   At the last game of the season, there were only a few seconds left of the game, Josh had the ball and from the half court line he chucked the ball to the basket and it went in!  You should have seen the look on that boy's face.  It was worth a million!  I didn't get a picture of the expression on his face but it was a basket he will remember for a very long time!  What a great way to end his junior high basketball season (career)!  At this point, he says he's not going out for basketball next year.


His season ended on Tuesday night with a pizza party for all the players and their families.  The party started off with a dads vs. players game.  It was awesome!  The spectators do a lot of giggling during this game because of the ball handling skills, techniques and plays these dads have.  I think Jeff even made a basket or two.  Oh, I forgot to mention the refereeing (which is the coach) of this dad's vs. players game  - he makes it pretty funny but it's obvious that he needs to keep coaching and not become a referee.  


The 8th graders were asked to bring the desserts/bars/cookies so I decided to make these cupcakes that looked like basketballs.



After pizza, the coach gave out awards to each of the players.  Josh got the "Mr. Fast Break Award".

Yes, the coach is probably twice as tall as Josh.

What a fun season and end of the year party!


No comments :

Post a Comment