The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Crockpot Macaroni Cheeseburger Soup

Earlier this week, I got a message from my daughter, who is away at college, with a picture of this soup which her and her roommate had made for supper.  It looked so yummy that I asked her for the recipe.  So, on Friday, before I got busy in the field helping with harvest, I quick started this soup in the crockpot and boy am I glad that I did.  This tasted so good out in the field on one of the chiller nights this harvest season.  I continued the finishing touches to it when I came home to feed our baby calves.  By the way, while I was making bottles for the baby calves, our daughter, the one who is away at college, surprised us by coming home for the weekend.  This momma's heart melts and is so happy when that happens.  Thanks, Ashli for coming home and thanks for the recipe!

I hope you find this recipe as easy as I did.  I love crockpot recipes that don't take a half of a days preparation just to get it into the crockpot.  (That was a little sarcastic but seriously, some of those recipes do take a lot of prep work and to me that is not what a crockpot recipe should be-who has time for that).  :)  

Enjoy!


1½ lbs ground beef

1 small white onion, chopped

3 cloves of garlic, minced
6 cups of strong chicken stock
1 cup of grated carrots
1 tsp basil
1½ cups of whole milk
16 ounces of cubed Velveeta processed Cheese
1½ to 2 cups of macaroni noodles

Fry up the ground beef in a large skillet until mostly browned.  Add in the white onions and fry until translucent and soft.  Add the garlic and fry for a minute or two and by this time the ground beef will be fully browned.  Place in the bottom of a large crockpot.  Pour the chicken stock over the beef mixture and add the carrots and basil.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  30 minutes before serving, add in the macaroni.  Cook until soft.  Whisk in the milk and Velvetta.  Stir until the cheese is melted throughout the soup completely.  Serve and enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment