During harvest when I'm riding in the combine with Jeff or unloading a wagon load of corn, I enjoy browsing through cookbooks while I'm waiting. My cookbook collection is well......I'll just say, I have several cookbooks. :) So, this week while helping out in the field, I found this recipe for these cinnamon rolls. I tried them today to go along with Mama Gail's Spaghetti (which you can find here on my blog under the Meats and Casseroles category). They were so easy to make and we all loved them!
2 (8 oz.) tubes crescent rolls (I use the dough sheets that aren't perforated)
1/2 c. margarine (soft, not melted) (I use butter - see below of how I soften the stick)
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. white sugar
Mix margarine, cinnamon and sugar. Spread mixture on crescent rolls that have been rolled out flat.
Roll up crescent rolls and cut into 1" slices. Put slices in 10-inch round pan or baking stone that has been greased. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350*. Top with frosting or glaze.
*To soften a stick of butter - put the stick of butter in the microwave for 4 seconds, turn a quarter of a turn for 4 seconds, turn a quarter of a turn again for 4 seconds and lastly, turn a quarter of a turn for 4 seconds. You should have softened but not melted butter. I do this all the time and I have much success with it.
No comments :
Post a Comment