When I was attending AIB College, I had to take speech class. Hated that class! Anyway, each student had to do a demonstration speech and one of my classmates/friends made this for everyone in the class. She passed out the recipe to the whole class so I've had this recipe for several years.
I made this for the Oskaloosa Christian School's annual Bids for Kids Auction and Bake Sale. I made it for the bake sale part. While I was enjoying the live auction, I recognized this popcorn cake that was being auctioned off was the one I had made. The head of the committee explained to me that they found this popcorn cake in the mini kitchen and thought it was from another lady who always donates a popcorn cake for the live auction. Until this other lady walks in with her popcorn cake the next day. The committee was a bit perplexed so they decided to put this cake, as well as the other ladies on the live auction.
3 quarts popped corn (1/2 c. un-popped)
1 (1 lb.) bag plain M & M's
1 jar roasted peanuts
1 bag milk chocolate Heath pieces
50 large marshmallows
1 stick oleo
Melt oleo and marshmallows together over low heat and cool slightly. Pour over other ingredients and press into angel food cake pan. Pop out onto plate to serve; or may be placed in buttered 9x13 cake pan and cut into squares.
No comments :
Post a Comment