Just made these for the first time tonight and they were awesome. They only consist of 4-5 ingredients and was quick to put together. Add a baked potato and a veggie as a side and you have a meal ready in minutes (not including bake time).
4 lbs. ground beef
4 eggs
4 c. rice crispy cereal
salt and pepper to taste (I used 2 t. salt & 1 t. garlic salt & no pepper)
1/4 c. chopped onion
Combine above ingredients and mix well. Form into balls. I use a 1/4 c. measuring cup. Makes approximately 28-30 meatballs. Place in greased shallow pan and bake at 350* until brown (about 30 minutes). Drain grease & pour sauce (see below) over all.
While meatballs are baking, prepare the following sauce:
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. catsup (I use ketchup)
4 t. dry mustard
3/4 c. vinegar
Combine the sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs. Bake slowly (300*) for an additional 15 minutes.
These can be transferred to a slow-cooking pot to keep warm until ready to eat.
No comments :
Post a Comment