The love of family is life's greatest blessing!
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Pumpkin (Chocolate Chip) Bread
Everything tastes better with a little chocolate added, right? Well, this recipe actually did not call for chocolate chips but I've had pumpkin bread in the recent past where my friend had added chocolate chips so I decided to try that in my favorite Pumpkin Bread recipe. I served this bread to the Coffee Break Bible Study ladies last week. I think it was a success. If you don't like chocolate chips you can omit them. But seriously, the chocolate chips added some gooey, melty and deliciousness to the bread.
This recipe is a big batch, making 3 large loaves. I made 2 large loaves and 3 small loaves. They are cute and a fun size to give away to loved ones.
Also, if you are ever in need of a unique gift for someone special, this pumpkin bread looks great in a wide mouth pint jar. I've made them for the girls' generation GEMS in those jars, add a fun fall fabric to the top, put a ribbon or raffia around the lid and it looks nice and festive to the season.
3 1/3 c. flour
2 t. soda
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. ginger
3 c. sugar
1 c. oil
4 eggs
2/3 c. water
2 c. canned pumpkin
2/3 c. chopped pecans, optional (This is where I substituted 1 c. chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir dry ingredients, including sugar, into mixing bowl. Make a well in dry ingredients and add all remaining ingredients. Mix together until smooth. Apportion batter into 3 bread loaf pans that have been greased and floured. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top. Bake for about 60-75 mnutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes before removing bread from pans and putting them back on the wire rack to cool completely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
I lost my pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe somewhere so I'm so happy to see you posted your recipe! I've been craving it for the last couple of weeks with the fall temperatures.
ReplyDeleteSo glad I could help you out :) I hope it tastes as good as the one you are used to. Isn't it funny how ones taste buds crave pumpkiny stuff at this time of year? I love it! Have a great evening!
Delete