With rhubarb season up on us, I enjoy making lots of things with it. This is a new recipe I thought I would try this season. It was easy and delish! If you have an over abundance of rhubarb, give it a try!
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 regular box yellow cake mix (I used white)
4 cups chopped rhubarb
2 small boxes strawberry Jell-O
1 c. white sugar
Spread marshmallows in a greased 9x13" pan. Mix a yellow cake mix as directed on the package. Pour it over the marshmallows. Put the cut-up rhubarb over the cake batter. Sprinkle dry strawberry Jell-O over this and sprinkle the sugar over the Jell-O. Bake about 50 minutes at 350*. When cake is done, the rhubarb is in the bottom of the pan and the marshmallows baked on the top. Serve slightly warm. To serve, lift the square up with a spatula and flip it over onto the serving dish (I didn't do that in the picture above). Top with a dip of vanilla ice cream.

No comments :
Post a Comment