The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Crispy Smashed Potatoes

Oh my goodness!  I can't even describe how fantastic these are!  I'm a crispy crunchy type of a person.  I love those French fries that are fried to a crisp.  Now this recipe isn't like French fries but they are crispy so it's my type of goodness!
 
You know those itty bitty potatoes you dig up out of the garden and wonder what you will ever make with them.  Well this is the perfect recipe to use up those small potatoes.  If you do not have those itty bitty potatoes you can use small red potatoes.  I haven't tried the red potatoes yet, but I definitely will when I run out of those potatoes from my garden.   


Boil potatoes for about 20 minutes until fork tender.  Drain.  Coat a rimmed cookie sheet well with olive oil.  (I used regular vegetable oil).  Place cooked potatoes on cookie sheet and press with the bottom of a glass.  Drizzle with more oil and salt and pepper to taste.  (I also sprinkled on some chives for added taste but you could add any kind of seasoning you like).  Bake at 425* for 20-30 minutes until slightly golden. 

No comments :

Post a Comment