This recipe came out of the Iowa Farmer Today (btw - it's the hubbies favorite newpaper), February 2, 2013 issue. The cook that was featured that week was Amanda Van Zee from Eddyville. Although I don't know her, I enjoyed her story and I clipped all of her recipes. I'm excited to try them. I made this cobbler for our church potluck on Sunday.
2 large, 29 oz. cans sliced peaches
1 stick butter, melted
1 box butter pecan cake mix (white or yellow cake mix can be substituted)
3/4 c. chopped pecans, optional
1 c. flaked coconut, optional
Drain one can of peaches. Pour drained peaches and additional can of peaches and juice into a greased 9x13" pan.
Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the peaches.
Drizzle melted butter over cake mix. Do not mix.
If desired, sprinkle on nuts and coconut.
Bake 45-60 minutes at 350* until golden.
Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or whipped topping.





No comments :
Post a Comment