The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

BBQ Meatballs

I made these meatballs yesterday for the church potluck that was suppose to be today but since church was cancelled due to the ice storm I guess we get them all!  My family won't mind.  

I made them, baked them and put the sauce on them yesterday.  Then transferred them to the crock pot bowl and put them in the fridge.  Today, I put the bowl in the crock pot and turned it on low.  They should be ready by lunchtime.  

If you make these into smaller balls, you can use them as an appetizer.


3 lbs. ground beef
1 can evaporated milk
2 c. quick oatmeal
2 t. chili powder
chopped onion
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. pepper
2 eggs
2 t. salt
Mix well.  Form into small balls and layer in a pan.  Bake 45 minutes at 350*.

Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix sauce ingredients together and bring to a boil.  You can add 1/2 c. water to sauce if necessary.  Drain grease from meatballs.  Pour sauce over meatballs and bake an additional 15 minutes.

SAUCE:
2 c. ketchup
1 T. liquid smoke
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. garlic salt

No comments :

Post a Comment