The love of family is life's greatest blessing!
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake
Another yummy treat I like at this time of year is any thing (I'm NOT a picky eater) made with pumpkin. This is one of my new recipes that I made for the Jansen family weiner roast. It was RICH and YUMMY! I'm glad that I made this the day before because it takes a lot of steps in making this recipe. So if you are pressed for time you better pick out another recipe. I found it to be well worth the time and effort. Also, I'm not a huge cheesecake fan (I like it, just not LOVE it) but they say that the older it is the better it tastes.
Crust:
1 1/2 c. crushed shortbread cookies (this was one sleeve of Lorna Doones for me)
2 T. butter, melted
Cheesecake:
3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
1/3 c. evaporated milk
1/3 c. heavy cream
2 large eggs
2 T. cornstarch
1 t. ground cinnamon
Topping:
8 oz. sour cream, at room temperature
2 T. granulated sugar
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. crushed milk chocolate toffee pieces
Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a 9" springform pan with cooking spray and place on baking sheet.
FOR CRUST: Combine cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1" up side of 9" springform pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
FOR CHEESECAKE: Beat cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, cream, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon; beat well. Pour into crust. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven.
FOR TOPPING: Combine sour cream, granulated sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over warm cheesecake. Sprinkle with milk chocolate toffee pieces. Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes in pan on wire rack. Gently run a thin knife between cheesecake and pan and allow to cool completely. Cover cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)



No comments :
Post a Comment