The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas

Call me a geek but I enjoy looking through cookbooks and finding new recipes.  My family wishes we could have some of our tried and true family recipes but I love finding new and delicious recipes. Since this past summer was soooooo hot for sooooo many weeks in a row, I enjoyed looking through my cookbooks and finding recipes that didn't use the oven.  I do find that a bit challenging at times but I did find a few new ones and this is one I found in my George Foreman cookbook.  It was very delicious and easy.



1 chicken breast, boned and skinned
4 flour tortillas
1 c. low fat cheddar cheese
2 T. green onion, chopped
1/2 c. prepared mild tomato salsa
nonfat cooking spray

Lightly coat the grill with cooking spray and preheat for 5 minutes.  Grill the chicken breast for 5-7 minutes or until fully cooked.  Cool and chop into small pieces.  Lightly coat the grill with the cooking spray again.  On one half of 1 tortilla, place one-fourth of the chicken, cheese, onion and salsa.  Fold the top half over the cheese and chicken and grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the quesadilla is lightly browned and the cheese is melted.  Remove and repeat the grilling process with the remaining tortillas.

No comments :

Post a Comment