I haven't spent a whole lot of time in the kitchen making meals (thus the reason for not many posts lately) but I have been sitting at the kitchen table with my sewing machine. Not exactly what I enjoy doing but something that had to be done. Here is why. For kindergarten graduation the teacher lets each child pick a letter from the alphabet out of a hat. Then that child (or parents) has to come up with something that begins with the letter they picked and dress accordingly. Zech picked the letter K. That wasn't such a difficult letter to have. With 3 other kids having done this same thing, I have had worse letters, believe me. After some brainstorming and an idea from Ashli's science teacher (who by the way had a daughter in Zech's class) we decided to dress up Zech into a ketchup bottle. I searched the web and found the cutest costume that I thought I could easily make. We headed to Walmart bought all the supplies and reserved a whole Saturday for making Zech's costume. Yes, this type of thing takes me all day. I'm not a seamstress so I had to plan on ripping out seams and hems several times. Well, Ashli was able to help me some and we finally finished by 4 or 5 p.m. It's not exactly like the one I found on the internet but I think it turned out pretty good. So, this is my little ketchup bottle.
![]() |
| This is the cutest ketchup bottle I've ever seen. OSCI stands for Oskaloosa School for Christian Instruction. The 22 varieties stands for the 22 students in his class that were graduating. |

No comments :
Post a Comment