The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Just Fishin'

One night last week we decided to take the kids fishing at my Uncle Kenny & Aunt Ilene's pond.  It was a very beautiful evening even though we didn't catch very much fish.  Ashli enjoyed snapping some photos so here are just a few.  The reflection of the water was amazing!




When we had finished fishing and before we left my aunt & uncles, my Uncle gave us some fish he had caught earlier in the day.  Ashli & I are not real fond of fish so I don't make it very much but I have discovered that I really like crappie.  Ashli was heading to visit her cousins in Florida so I decided I would make some fish while she was gone.

Here is the recipe I use to make my fish.

1 box Shore Lunch (2 c.)
1 box Jiffy corn mix (2 c.)
2 c. flour
2 c. corn flake crumbs
salt & pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together except salt & pepper.  Dip chunks of fish in batter.  Deep fat fry until done.  Salt & pepper fish after it's done frying.  Batter mix can be stored in the freezer.

No comments :

Post a Comment