The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Snickerdoodles

These cookies are so soft they almost melt in your mouth.  

Ashli really really likes these and enjoys them in her lunch. 

This recipe comes from one of my cousins wife and when she gave it to me she told me she didn't like the way the cookies turned out the first time so she tweeked it a few times and got the perfect recipe.  I could never do that kind of thing with a recipe.  I have to do exactly what the recipe says and if they don't turn out, I throw the recipe away.  So I'm glad that my cousins wife figured out this perfect recipe for me.  I have an aunt who laughs at me because when a recipe calls for 1/8 t. of a particular ingredient, I have to get out the 1/8 measuring spoon and measure it exactly.  :)  I think a little shake or pinch would suffice but that's just not the way I do things.  


1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. Crisco
2 eggs
2 3/4 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1 t. soda
1 t. cream of tartar
1 t. vanilla

Mix together well and chill 1 hour or more.  Make into small balls and roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture (1 t. cinnamon and 1/4 c. white sugar).  Bake 8 -10 minutes at 350*.  Let cool on pan before removing.

No comments :

Post a Comment