Back when I was having babies, shortly after one of our children were born we would have the "aunt invasion". It consisted of Jeff's mom, grandma and aunts. It was a time that I looked forward to because that gave me a chance to show off my new baby but they also came bearing gifts and food. :) This recipe is for the brownies that Grandma Jansen would bring on this particular occasion. I look forward to the day when I can be the aunt going to my nieces and nephews house after they have had a baby. :)
2 T. cocoa
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/3 c. butter
1/4 t. soda
1 t. vanilla
1 c. nuts
3/4 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
Mix and beat thoroughly. Pour into a greased 9x9 or 8x11 pan. Bake at 350 degrees 15-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cover entire top with mini marshmallows. Return to oven for 3 minutes, until soft and puffy. Cool and frost with chocolate frosting (recipe below).
Chocolate Frosting
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
1 T. cocoa
4 T. butter
When it boils for 1 minute, beat with mixer into 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar.

No comments :
Post a Comment