The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chicken Casserole

This recipe comes from my mom.  I remember this recipe being an old stand by for funeral dinners that my mom would help serve at our church.  It freezes really well so it's a good one to have on hand for those crazy busy nights.


1 3/4 c. macaroni noodles (don't cook)
2 c. milk or broth
2 c. cooked chicken
salt
2 cans mushroom soup
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
8 slices Velvetta
small onion, optional

Mix together and refrigerate overnight.  Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

I wanted to make this recipe tonight for supper but didn't get it made ahead of time so I cooked the noodles and baked it for 1 hour at 350*.  It was a little more runny this time around so I should have used a little less milk.  Oh well, it still tasted good.

No comments :

Post a Comment