I don't feel like I've had much to post lately mostly due to being on the 8th grade banquet committee and trying to get things organized for that event, I haven't spent much time in the kitchen. The banquet is this Saturday, April 14. I have made all the table decorations and trying to get the food organized. I will post pictures of the table decorations after this weekend. I'm really excited about how they turned out but I drive myself crazy trying to come up with an idea. Once I have the idea, I'm good to go. Then I can relax and enjoy but until then, I can't even think about anything else. How will I ever manage planning our daughters' weddings? Time will tell. :)
Since this weekend will be so busy I decided to get some cookies made up ahead of time for Sunday School and since I had some free time this morning I decided to make these monster cookies. These are the cookies that Jeff requests the most. It makes a huge batch so a lot of times I will make the dough, bake the amount I would like at the time and then make dough balls out of the remainder dough, put them on a cookie sheet, cover them and freeze them overnight. The next day, I put the dough balls in a Ziplock bag and put back in the freezer. Then when you need some fresh cookies, unthaw the amount needed and bake as directed. This time around I baked all of them due to the fact that Jeff is getting busy with farm field work and he likes to have cookies in his lunch box.
6 eggs
2 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 c. white sugar
1 c. butter flavored Crisco (key ingredient)
6 t. water
2 1/4 c. peanut butter
9 c. quick oatmeal
4 t. soda
1 T. corn syrup
2 T. vanilla
6 oz. chocolate chips
8 oz. M & M's
Cream eggs, sugars, butter Crisco, water and peanut butter. Stir in oats, soda, corn syrup and vanilla. Part of this may have to be done by hand. Once everything is well mixed, dump in the chocolate chips and M&M's and stir again until all mixed in. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-13 minutes until they are golden on top.
Vicki's Notes: Use a jumbo cookie scoop (2" Pampered Chef) and press the dough down a little with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in white sugar.


No comments :
Post a Comment