Can I hear you say YUM? Jeff and Josh went over to our brother-in-laws (& uncle - Matt) one Saturday afternoon to watch them grind up some large bales. Before they left they were served some cookies by Matt's mom. I was told I had to get the recipe so I got in touch with my sister-in-law, Sheri to see if she could get this recipe and here it is. If you didn't know, Josh isn't a sweets lover but he does love almost anything with almond flavoring in it. So, of course he loves these cookies!
1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix (full size not the snack size)
1/2 c. butter or margarine (softened)
1/2 c. chopped slivered almonds
1/2 t. almond extract
1 egg
Mix all above ingredients until it forms a soft dough. Roll dough in 1" balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press cookies down with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees 7-9 minutes. Cool completely. Spread glaze (recipe below) over cookies. Top cookies with almond slices (toasted if you want).
Glaze:
1 c. powdered sugar
1/4 t. almond extract
3-7 t. milk
Combine until the glaze is spreadable.


No comments :
Post a Comment