Are you wondering where the elbow macaroni noodles are? Well, I found these ziti noodles at the Dutchman's store in Cantril, Iowa. (Did you know that I love that store)? Well, anyway these noodles worked just as good as macaroni noodles. This recipe is from my mother-in-law. It's one of those recipes from Jeff's childhood. I'm sure mine doesn't taste anything like what his mom used to make but I try. :)
Meatballs:
store bought or
1 lb. ground pork
1/3 c. bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg, slightly beaten
Macaroni:
1 qt. tomato juice
1 c. elbow macaroni
1/2 c. onion
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. oregano
1 T. sugar
Combine all meatball ingredients and mix well. Roll into small balls and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Drain. Meanwhile, cook macaroni in the tomato juice and add the seasonings. When macaroni is done, combine the meatballs to the tomato mixture. Stir to cover meatballs.

No comments :
Post a Comment