The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Friday, March 2, 2012

BEST-EVER Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have many (actually lots) of chocolate chip cookie recipes.  So...how can this one be any different than all those other recipes?  I figure it's the corn starch that make them so FABULOUS!  I am a soft chewy chocolate chip cookie lover and these are just that.  I love warm cookies right out of the oven but these are almost better once they have cooled down.  This recipe doesn't make very many cookies so you better make a double batch - I regret that I didn't do that this time around.


3/4 c. unsalted butter, softenend (I used salted, simply because I have that on hand)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
2 t. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 t. cornstarch
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color.  Add egg and vanilla and blend in.  Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges.  (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)  Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for 5 minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.  Makes approximately 3 dozen.


No comments :

Post a Comment