The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wacky Cake

Sorry I didn't get a good picture of this cake after it was frosted and cut.  I took it to a church potluck and didn't think I better get a picture of it there.  Maybe I will have to make it again sometime soon and get a picture of a slice.  This is a very moist cake and works great as cupcakes, also!




3 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
6 T. cocoa
1 t. salt
2 c. sugar
3/4 c. salad oil
2 t. vanilla
2 T. vinegar
2 c. water

Sift together flour, baking soda, cocoa, salt & sugar.  Make three holes and put salad oil in first, vanilla in second and vinegar in third.  Pour 2 cups cold water over top of mixture and mix with fork.  Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.  Frost with your favorite frosting.

I like to make the following frosting and make this a frosting filled cake.  It's enough to fill the cake and frost the top.
1 c. milk
1/4 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 t. almond flavoring
1/2 c. real butter
1/2 c. Crisco
1/2 t. salt

Combine milk and flour.  Cook until thick.  Stir constantly.  Let cool.  Add remaining ingredients and beat until fluffy (10 minutes).  Using a cake decorating bag and tip, pipe frosting into cake.  Then frost the top with remaining frosting.

No comments :

Post a Comment