Does this look like a cookie disaster? It should, but it's not. It's called Kookie Brittle. So, the concept is a lot like Peanut Brittle where you spread it on a pan and when it's cool you break it into pieces. Well, in this recipe, you make the dough, spread it in a pan, bake it and when it's slightly cool you break it into pieces. Now, one would think that this would taste really good when it's still warm but I'm here to tell you that you really, really need to wait for it to cool completely down. However, since I did sneek a few pieces while it was still warm, I can't say that it was NOT good. But take my word for it, it's much better after it has cooled down. I didn't try this, but try adding a few spoonfuls on top of some ice cream. I'm sure it's delightful. I just ate it plain and it was delightful. :)
I've been told that this is my Grandma Singley's recipe. I was not fortunate enough to have tasted this recipe of hers when she was still living but it's a great reminder of who she was and the special memories I have of her. Thanks to my cousin, Michelle, for sharing the recipe with me! Michelle and I have been close cousins all of our lives and we enjoyed being at our Grandma's house many years ago! The memories are forever in my heart!
Hope you enjoy and remember to make memories with the ones you love!
Have a great week!
Combine 1 c. butter, 1 1/2 t. vanilla, and 1 t. salt. Blend well. Gradually beat in 1 c. sugar. Add 2 c. sifted flour and mix well. Press evenly into an un-greased 15x10x1 pan. Sprinkle evenly with 1 pkg. chocolate chips and 3/4 c. chopped nuts (optional). Press firmly into dough. Bake at 350* until golden brown. Approximately 20-25 minutes. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and then break into pieces. Then let cool completely and enjoy!
No comments :
Post a Comment