At a family gathering on the 4th of July, I was challenged to post a recipe each week. I have taken on the challenge (thanks Uncle John) and this is the recipe I chose for this week. It's a very simple recipe to throw together but you should make this the day before serving it so the flavors have time to meld together and be completely chilled. It's delish!
2 c. (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (11 oz.) yellow and white whole kernel corn, drained
1 can (11 oz.) Mexicorn, drained
4 oz. pepper Jack cheese, shredded
1/4 c. chopped green onions
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
3/4 c. mayonnaise
3/4 c. sour cream
1/8 t. sugar
Additional chopped green onions, optional
Tortilla or corn chips
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar; stir into corn mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with additional green onions. Serve with chips
No comments :
Post a Comment