Yesterday afternoon when I went to fill Jeff's lunch bucket for the field I noticed that I didn't have very many goodies left in the freezer. I hadn't planned on doing any baking in the next couple of days but since it was very, I mean VERY, foggy this morning (you would swear it had rained over night with all the water on the windows, in the grass and on the road), I decided to make a couple pans of bars. This is one that I chose. I have changed the original recipe to accommodate our taste buds so you can change/add whatever you like.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 T. sugar
1 1/3 cups coconut flakes
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini M & M's
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
Preheat oven to 350*. In a medium bowl, mix together melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar until well combined. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Spread coconut evenly over crust. Layer pecans, milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, and M & M's evenly over coconut layer. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly to cover chip layer.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden around edges. Cool completely before slicing into bars.
*Vicki's Notes: The original recipe called for 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips and 1/2 cup mini M & M's. I buy milk chocolate chips so that is why I didn't use semi-sweet. We don't like butterscotch chips or dark chocolate. I didn't have any mini M & M's on hand (or I would have used them) and didn't want to omit the M & M's because they make it so colorful, so I used the regular size instead.
No comments :
Post a Comment