The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Perfect Bite of Chocolate Chip Cookie/Bar

Have I ever shared with you that I have a cookbook obsession?  Well, I do! 
This recipe comes from my newest cookbook that I bought at the Iowa State Fair this year.
It has the prize-winning recipes from the 2012 & 2013 fairs.
Some of the recipes are pretty far off for this farm wife but I still enjoy looking through them for blue ribbon recipes.  This recipe was submitted in the Junior Division from Megan McGuire from Johnston, IA.
 
 
 
 

 
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
12 oz. pkg. mini chocolate chips
 
In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt; set aside.  In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and peanut butter until smooth.  Beat in sugars until blended.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Add flour mixture; mix until well blended.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop dough by teaspoonful on ungreased (I would grease it) baking sheets 2 inches apart.  Bake in 350* oven 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool on baking sheets a couple of minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
 

Vicki's Notes:  To save time, I baked these in a greased jelly roll pan for 15-20 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment