The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Friday, October 31, 2014

Apple Crisp

First comes pumpkin, then comes apples.  Last week I bought a big bag of apples from the store and since I can't eat apples that fast, I decided I need to make something that calls for apples.  I found this recipe about 3 weeks ago in the Iowa Farmer Today.  So, I decided to try it and it's a keeper.  Serve warm with a dollop of ice cream or cool whip.  What better way to end our lunch with this warm dessert on a very chilly fall day.

 
Filling:
6 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. nutmeg
In a large bowl, stir together apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Place apple mixture in a 2-qt. casserole dish (8x11-inch).  Sprinkle with topping. 
 
Topping:
1/2 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
6 T. butter, softened
1/4 t. cinnamon
In medium bowl combine all topping ingredients and mix together using a pastry blender or fork until it resembles pea-sized crumbs.
 

 
Bake 45 minutes at 375* or until apples are softened and topping is lightly browned.  Store in refrigerator.  

No comments :

Post a Comment