My daughters and I love it when the grocery store starts having the fresh peaches in the produce section. We love the Missouri peaches! While I don't mind eating the skin, the girls can't stand eating that fuzzy stuff! So they peel the skin off before eating theirs. I wish peach season lasted longer but since it's not, we try to enjoy them as much as possible. Ashli asked me to make a peach pie the other day so here it is. I haven't always been a pie maker/lover but in the past year I have gotten better at it and actually say that I enjoy it. Add a little ice cream or whipped cream on the top and you have a wonderful after dinner dessert.
Crust:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 t. salt
2 T. sugar
Add 2 T. milk
1/2 cup liquid shortening
Press into pie pan.
Filling:
Scald and peel 6 raw peaches.
Cut peaches into slices.
Put into a medium sized bowl.
In another small bowl combine:
1 c. sugar
3 T. minute tapioca
1 cap full almond extract (about 1 t.)
Stir well and add to peaches. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
Pour peach mixture into pie plate.
Make another batch of crust.
Roll out and lay on top of peach filling.
Flute edges and make slits in top crust.
Sprinkle raw sugar on top.
Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350*.
No comments :
Post a Comment