The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Friday, January 11, 2013

Heavenly Apple Pie

At Christmas time we get an abundance of apples around our house due to the fact that we each get an apple from the church after the Children's Christmas Program.  I usually like to make Snicker Apple Salad but this year I decided to make this apple pie with the apples I had sitting around.  It came in handy because my parents came over to visit and I was able to serve them a piece of pie.


3/4 c. sugar
2 T. flour
3/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. nutmeg
1 T. lemon juice
6 c. (6 medium) peeled apples (thinly sliced)

In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients except lemon juice and apples; mix well.  Add lemon juice and apples; fold into mix.  Spoon into crust-lined pan.  Top with second crust, seal edges and flute.  Cut slits in several places on top crust to vent.  Bake at 425* for 40-45 minutes.  

No comments :

Post a Comment