O.K. so these take a little longer than 30 minutes to make from start to finish maybe more like 45 minutes. All things considered that really isn't very long. We love homemade bread (especially Josh) and so I love the fact that they don't take forever and I don't have to knead them and wait for them to rise for hours. We loved them! Try them out for yourself!
1 c. plus 2 T. warm water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
2 T. active dry yeast (yes, you read that right! 2 tablespoons!)
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 egg
3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (I used bread flour simply because I have it on hand)
Preheat oven to 400*. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, oil, yeast, and sugar; let rest 5-10 minutes or until frothy and bubbly. With a dough hook, mix in salt, egg and 2 cups of flour until combined. Add remaining flour (1/2 cup at a time). Dough will be sticky. Spray your hands with cooking spray and shape the dough into 12 balls. After shaped, place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and let rest for 10 minutes. Bake for about 10 minutes or until tops are golden brown (I baked mine for about 18 minutes).
The love of family is life's greatest blessing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

Oh how we all love homemade bread in this house! I enjoy making bread when I have time, but these will be a nice choice when I don't have time for bread! I'll be giving them a try :) Thanks for sharing all your amazing recipes!
ReplyDeleteDiddo! Homemade bread is requested here a lot, too! But time is usually against me also. They are a nice choice when I don't have time for all the rising and kneading. Thanks for posting a comment. Glad you enjoy my blog...I enjoy blogging!
ReplyDelete