On the nights when Jeff has church meetings, he doesn't eat before he leaves so the kids and I are on our own for supper. I usually don't know what to make but I do know that I like it to be simple. I came across this recipe the other day and thought it would be perfect for nights when Jeff is gone. Jeff would like these but they wouldn't pass for the meat and potatoes he prefers. Well, the kids and I really liked these!
3/4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. garlic powder
3/4 c. whole milk (I don't buy whole milk so I used the 2% I have in the fridge)
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
1/2 c. chopped ham
1/2 lb. sausage, cooked and crumbled
1/2 c. pizza sauce
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder and baking powder; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, ham and sausage; let stand 10 minutes.
Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20-25 minutes.
Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

No comments :
Post a Comment