The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake

When I found this recipe, I couldn't wait to try it.  I finally got a chance to make it and it is ALL it's cracked up to be.  It was soooo delicious especially warm!  There were leftovers so I warmed it up in the oven the next morning or you can warm a piece at a time in the microwave.  


Cake:
3 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1 c. sugar
4 t. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted
Mix everything together except for the butter.  Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into greased 9x13 pan.

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 T. flour
1 T. cinnamon
Mix all the topping ingredients together until well combined.  Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife.  Bate at 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes (I had to bake mine for 35-40 minutes).

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake.

No comments :

Post a Comment