The love of family is life's greatest blessing!
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Beef n' Noodles
This cooler weather has gotten me in the mood for some of those comfort foods associated with the weather! You know the stick to your ribs kind of meals. This was such an easy and delicious meal that I will be making it more often come winter. It makes a huge batch! We hardly made a dent in it so I froze the leftovers.
1 beef roast (I use chuck roast when making meat like this)
1 can beef broth (the original recipe called for beer but we don't have beer around our house so I used broth instead)
1 package dry onion soup
3 cloves of garlic
1 can cream of mushroom soup
10 cups of water
1 pound of homemade (store-bought) noodles (I use Neva's noodles found in the pasta isle)
Place roast in crock pot and pour broth, onion soup and garlic over top. Cook on low overnight. In the morning break meat apart. Add the mushroom soup and six cups of water. Add salt and pepper to your liking. Cook on low all day. An hour before you eat, add noodles as well as more water. Up to four cups depending on how moist you like it. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

No comments :
Post a Comment