The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Yummys from the Amish!!

Well, the Amish crew came back a couple of months later and this is what David's, the boss, wife made for us.  I was gone the day he brought this food so I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't be there to receive these yummys but they were waiting for me when I got home.

I was just expecting a loaf of bread not all of this!

This was the best pie I have ever tasted.
Of course, she used lard.  That made the crust fantastic!

                                      

We all wanted to try one of these so each of us could only have one.
We could have used another whole pan of these.  :)
Although, we are grateful for the ones we got!


I like to make bread when time allows but there was something
about this bread that made it so light and fluffy!  Made you want
to have another slice.  Wish I could job shadow this Amish wife
for a day and learn all of her tips and tricks to making such fantastic food!
Thank you Mrs. David Gingerich!  We enjoyed it ALL!


No comments :

Post a Comment