The love of family is life's greatest blessing!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cream Filled Rice Bars

The base

The creamy filling.


Here you have it!
1 c. corn syrup
1 c. brown sugar
2 c. peanut butter
4 c. Rice Krispies
4 T. instant vanilla pudding (dry)
6 T. milk
1/2 c. butter (melted)
4 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips*
1/4 c. peanut butter*

Melt syrup, peanut butter and sugar.  Add Rice Krispies and mix well.  Press in buttered jelly roll pan.  Chill.  Mix 1/2 c. butter, dry pudding and milk.  Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.  Pour over Rice Krispies.  .  Chill.  Melt chocolate chips and 4 T. peanut butter.  Spread over chilled mixture.
*When I melt my chocolate chips I put them in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 50% power for 1 minute.  If they are not completely melted I continue to melt in 30 second intervals at 50% power until completely melted and smooth.

No comments :

Post a Comment