During the summer months, our church has a fellowship after church and they serve cookies every week. We have a lady who bakes them all! Wow! Anyway, this lady makes a cookie that is similar to this and I have always wanted the recipe. I'm chicken to ask her so I googled it and this is what I came up with. Oh, how I enjoy trying new things. Then....when they turn out...that is the best!
2/3 c. shortening
1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1/3 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
1/2 t. soda
1/2 t. salt
2 T. milk
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
1 1/3 c. Reese's mini pieces candy
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Beat shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Stir together flour, soda & salt; add alternately with milk to sugar mixture. Stir in oats and candy pieces. Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls or use cookie scoop onto prepared cookie sheet. Press cookies down a little. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
The love of family is life's greatest blessing!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Oatmeal Reese's Mini Pieces Cookies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

No comments :
Post a Comment